What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Annexure: Additional Terms of Using Luminex Beddings and Interiors. You agree that you will:
- Luminex beddings and interiors will share your personal information and where necessary your sensitive personal information with only trusted third party where we have retained them to provide services that you have requested such as legal services.
- Luminex Beddings and interiors will only use your personal information to provide you with best services and to help us better understand your needs and interests.
- Luminex beddings and interiors will not sell, rent or lease your personal information to unauthorized persons unless under your authorization to maintain data accuracy and to ensure the appropriate use of the information.
- Luminex beddings and interiors makes use of secure sockets encryption when collecting or transferring data such as credit card information to enable the information unreadable by anybody but us.
- Luminex beddings and interiors may from time to time conduct online surveys and contests. These may ask you for contact information (like name or email address) and demographic information (like zip code or age) please do well to respond accordingly.
- Luminex beddings and interiors may be required to disclose your personal information to the government under certain circumstances such as in regulatory proceedings.
- Luminex beddings and interiors limited may assess, preserve, and disclose personal information if we are required to do so by law or we have a good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
Comply with the law or with legal process
Protect and defend our rights and property
Protect against misuse or unauthorized use of Luminex properties
Protect the personal safety of property of our users or the public
Cooperate with public and government authorities (which maybe outside Nigeria)
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.